CREATING BUSINESS LEADERS OF TODAY
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad) is dedicated to creating leadership in Business Management, Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA, an autonomous, non-profit institution, offers a wide-range of high-end academic programmes.
MICA’s spirit lies in its grasping of contemporary trends and sensibilities, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. This program is designed to help create Business Leaders with a thorough understanding of Business Management.
1. Principles of Economics
a. Introduction to the economics
b. How market works
c. Markets and welfare
d. The economics of public sector
e. The economics of labour market
2. Marketing Management
a. Introduction to Marketing.
b. Marketing and society.
c. Marketing strategy and the marketing mix.
d. Segmenting, Targeting and Positioning: Customer driven marketing strategy.
3. Communication Fundamentals: Persuasion
a. Models of communication
b. Theories of communication
c. Interpersonal communication
d. Mass communication
4. Financial Management
a. Forms of Business Entity, Understanding Profit & Capital
b. Accounting Concepts & Financial Statements
c. Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account Related Concepts
d. Understanding and Analysis of Financial Statements
e. Time Value of Money
f. Capital Expenditure Fundamentals
g. Capital Budgeting Decisions
h. Working Capital Management
i. Analysis of an annual report
5. Managing People and Culture : Individual and Organisation
a. People Management Module.
b. Techno-social Processes in Organizations.
e. Personal Effectiveness
f. Interpersonal Conflict
6. Supply Chain Management
a. Introducing SCM
b. Supply Chain Planning & Design
c. Managing Inventory & TOC
d. Strategic Sourcing; Green & Ethical Supply Chain; Deliver & Return
e. Supply Chain Risk Management
7. Strategic Management
a. What is Strategy?
b. Strategic Management Process
c. External Analysis
d. Internal Analysis
e. Levels of Strategy
f. Business Strategy
8. HR and Negotiations
a. Markov Analysis in Human Resource Administration: Applications and Limitations.
b. Training & Performance Appraisal.
c. Compensation Management
d. HP Compaq case.
e. Thomas Green case.
9. Ethics in Business
a. Role of business and responsibility to society
b. Note on 5 traditional theories
c. Application of theories
d. Corporate Social Responsibility
10. Management Control System
a. Intro & Implications of MCS
b. Performance measurement
c. Balance Scorecard
11. Analytics and Business
a. Introduction to Data analytics, Types of data and data sources, Scales and Measurements
b. Presenting data in Business using graphs: Numeric Data and Non-Numeric Data
c. Association between variables: Correlation Analysis
d. Introduction to Regression analysis: Multiple Regression model in Business decision.
12. Business in Digital Era
a. Digital Disruptions in Marketing
b. Online Consumer Behaviour
c. Digital Experiences in the consumer journey
d. Business Models in the Digital Era
Frequently Asked Questions
Why this course?
The business environment has changed quite radically in India in recent years. To be effective and successful, executives need to refresh and enhance their management skills. Such understanding is particularly essential in the complex, globalized environment in which economies operate today. The program is aimed at providing this understanding to the participants.
When do the classes happen?
Two live classes per week for 1:30 hours each scheduled on Wednesdays – 7:30-9:00am IST and Thursdays – 7:30-9:00am IST from September 2020. Additionally, you can access the learning materials, recordings and other content anytime. Depending upon the program needs, the classes maybe organised in the evenings as well. The schedule for the classes are announced in advance so that you can plan your time.
What kind of jobs can I get?
This program will help you move up your career if you are a working professional or at an entry-level. For those at higher levels, they will get the skills to go higher. For entrepreneurs, they will get skills to manage their business.
What are some of the Program Benefits?
• Opportunity to earn a PG Certificate from MICA
• Certificate of completion awarded by MICA, Ahmedabad
• On Campus module at MICA Ahmedabad during the course of the programme, where students can interact with faculties face to face and also experience the prestigious campus real time. (Campus Component maybe organised in middle of 2021 post-COVID)
• Gain MICA Alumni status on the successful completion of the programme
• Insights into the modern and emerging trends in the Media and Entertainment Industry
• Convenient schedules for working professionals.
• Designed with a mix of various case studies, current industry examples etc. which enlighten participant’s knowledge in the practical corporate scenario.
• Lectures imparted by specially selected, eminent, core faculty from MICA. Guest lectures by Industry Experts.
• Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Virtual Learning.
• Quality interactions and increased peer group learning. Virtual classrooms that allow for active interactions with other fellow students and faculty
Technology Benefits of Ivory
• Fully virtual course with LIVE online, instructor led interactive lectures that provides a “real” classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning experience
• Seamless technology that can transmit lecture videos effectively at home broadband connection of 512 kbps.
• User friendly and easy to use technology interface. No expensive and time consuming software/hardware installations required at your end.
• In the event that students miss attending the LIVE lecture on the Virtual Classroom for some reason, students will be granted access to the recorded sessions for a specified number of days/times.
• Ivory’s Cloud Campus – Students on our virtual social learning platform are provided access to course presentations, projects, case studies, assignments and other reference materials as applicable for specified courses. Students can raise questions and doubts either real time during the live class or offline through the Cloud Campus.
• Learn from Anywhere – No need to travel to an institute or training center. Learning continues even if you are traveling or not available at any specific location. You may also learn from the comfort of your home.
What do I need to know about the evaluations?
- There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course.
- These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments.
- The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning.
- All exams and evaluations are done online
- These are designed for working professionals and are designed to impart practical skills
- In case some participant is unable to meet the evaluations, they get enough chances so that they can get the skills. No students are unilaterally failed.
Who is this program for?
• Managers identified as high potential resources, in key decision making roles seeking to take on expanded senior management responsibilities within the organization
• Young leaders poised to lead cross functional teams on complex, multi locational projects
• Working professionals with specific functional responsibilities and aspiring for larger roles
• Working executives seeking to prepare themselves for managerial positions and accelerate their career aspirations in national and multinational organizations
• Entrepreneurs seeking to gain a more structured and relevant understanding of the current business environment.
Due to COVID, I don't have certificates or other logistical issues? Can I join late?
You can enroll in this program now. We trust you! As long as you submit the requirements before the completion of the course in June 2022, we are good!
Yes, just enroll the program now and we will ensure that you can start with the requirements of the program even before the live sessions begin. We will give you access to on-demand modules, training and orientation.
If you join the course a little later, that’s OK! We will give you access to the recordings of missed classes. You need to perhaps work a little extra hard than the others to catch-up.
Studying at MICA
Who will teach me?
The program is led by Programme Director – Program Director – Prof. Rasananda Panda, Professor of Economics, Business Management Area and Registrar, MICA.
Dr. Panda is a Ph.D. in Applied Economics from Utkal University, Orissa. He specialises in Macroeconomics and Applied Econometrics. From being a Trainee Academic Associate at IIM Ahmedabad (1994 -1997) to Professor at MICA in 2011 and Professor and Registrar from 2018 onwards, Panda has seen life in academics as Lecturer, Som-Lalit Institute of Management Studies (SLIMS), Gujarat University (1997-2002); Assistant Professor and Associate Professor at MICA (2002-2007) and Associate Professor at School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar (2007-2011). In between, he was Chief Economist (on contract) at Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation, a Government of Gujarat undertaking from October 2009 to September 2010.
A vivid reader and analyst of post-independence political and economic history of India, his current areas of interest are in the field of Industry Analysis, Behavioural Economics, Political Economy of Policy Making, Econometric Modelling and studying the dynamics of business and economic environment of India along with other emerging markets. A consultant to select industries and organizations, he is widely published.
MICA has lined up some of it’s top core faculty and leading industry professionals to teach in this programme.
The programme is one of the core programmes of MICA. Ivory does not interfere or affect the course in any way. It ensures that the programme is of the highest possible quality.
The certification is given only by MICA and will not be co-branded with any partner or provider.
Prof. Rasananda Panda
Professor of Economics, Business Management Area & Registrar
Low Fees & Easy Payment Terms
Indian Participants Rs. 1,10,000,/- + GST
International Participants USD 2,300
Amount payable at the time of registration:
Indian Participants: Rs 30,000 + Taxes
International Participants: USD 630
1st Installment – Oct 30, 2020 Rs. 15,000/- + Taxes/USD 310
2nd Installment – Dec 20. 2020 Rs. 35,000/- + Taxes/USD 730
3rd Installment – Feb 20, 2021 Rs. 30,000/- + Taxes/USD 630
JOIN US & BECOME A MICAN!
✔ PG Certificate while Working or Studying
✔ Alumni Status of MICA
✔ Build Career in Media & Entertainment Management
✔ No Co-branded Certification – Only from MICA
✔ Hands on Experience with Industry Professionals
✔ No Cost EMI
✔ Very Low Programme Fee
✔ Placement with some of the Top Companies
✔ Ever-growing area with no impact of slowdown
✔ Industry recognized One-Year Certification
Phone & WhatsApp
New Delhi: 16 Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi 110 057
Gurgaon: A403 Hartron Technology Park, Plot no. 25A, Sector 18 Electronics City, Gurgaon 122 015
Mumbai: A608 Dattani Plaza, Andheri Kurla Road, Mumbai 400 072