PG Certificate Programme in Business Management
You can now apply for this program online. Apply Now!.
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad), is the only residential institute in the country, and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region, dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA, an autonomous, non-profit institution, offers a wide-range of academic programmes including four residential programmes: Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C).
MICA’s spirit lies in its grasping of contemporary trends and sensibilities, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. The MICA brand assures effective delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communication solutions to the industry, government, and community.
Today, it is the alma mater of professionals serving in leadership positions in some of the best known companies in India and the world in marketing, brand management, research & analytics, advertising, media, digital, business management and other related businesses.
The business environment has changed quite radically in India in recent years. To be effective and successful, executives need to refresh and enhance their management skills. Such understanding is particularly essential in the complex, globalized environment in which economies operate today. The program is aimed at providing this understanding to the participants.
India is a market where the traditional and transformational media platforms are schedule to coexist in a big way. While, digital has been growing at a stupendous pace, the platforms like television, films, print and radio have been registering sustainable growth.
Media & Entertainment Industry is no more the subsidiary industry in the economy but has taken the leading seat to become the leader in the Indian market and started contributing substantially to the economy. Considering the growth and scope of the industry, there is an utmost need for trained professionals to become the growth drivers to achieve newer heights. With the promise to contribute and partnering in the growth drive of the ‘Media and Entertainment’ industry MICA as one of the leading institute of the country considers ‘media and entertainment management’ as one of its core domain of studies. Along with all its regular courses, MICA is now proposing to offer a certificate online programme specifically designed for the media and entertainment industry professionals and enthusiasts looking for an in-depth knowledge and a career path in the sector. The objectives of this programme are:
1. To equip the participants with workable knowledge of the latest developments in the media and entertainment space.
2. To keep participants abreast on how have consumers changed and continue to change as far as their buying behaviour is concerned, including their consumption of media and entertainment and how brands communication strategies are evolving.
This one-year course is set to equip participants to gain knowledge about aspects like M&E ecosystem, cost functions, revenue functions, distribution, sales practices, media planning – buying and emerging platforms. The participant can demonstrate these skills in multiple functions within M&E industry, based on their interest and domain knowledge. This course is useful for the mid-career M&E enthusiasts wanting to explore a career in M&E industry.
• Managers identified as high potential resources, in key decision making roles seeking to take on expanded senior management responsibilities within the organization
• Young leaders poised to lead cross functional teams on complex, multi locational projects
• Working professionals with specific functional responsibilities and aspiring for larger roles
• Working executives seeking to prepare themselves for managerial positions and accelerate their career aspirations in national and multinational organizations
• Entrepreneurs seeking to gain a more structured and relevant understanding of the current business environment.
Program Director – Prof. Rasananda Panda Professor of Economics, Business Management Area And Registrar
Dr. Panda is a Ph.D. in Applied Economics from Utkal University, Orissa. He specialises in Macroeconomics and Applied Econometrics.
From being a Trainee Academic Associate at IIM Ahmedabad (1994 -1997) to Professor at MICA in 2011 and Professor and Registrar from 2018 onwards, Panda has seen life in academics as Lecturer, Som-Lalit Institute of Management Studies (SLIMS), Gujarat University (1997-2002); Assistant Professor and Associate Professor at MICA (2002-2007) and Associate Professor at School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar (2007-2011). In between, he was Chief Economist (on contract) at Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation, a Government of Gujarat undertaking from October 2009 to September 2010.
A vivid reader and analyst of post-independence political and economic history of India, his current areas of interest are in the field of Industry Analysis, Behavioural Economics, Political Economy of Policy Making, Econometric Modelling and studying the dynamics of business and economic environment of India along with other emerging markets.
A consultant to select industries and organizations, he is widely published.
A native of the State of Odisha, he, keeps active interest in Odisha politics and has been living in Gujarat (Ahmedabad) since 1994.
Panda is 48 years old, married to his teen-age girl friend Rashmi, who is a Ph.D. in History and a freelance academician; teaching at various Institutes/Universities in Ahmedabad and elsewhere. Rasananda and Rashmi have one son Rishav.
Two classes per week for 1:30 hours each scheduled on Wednesdays & Thursdays – 6:30pm-8:00pm IST from Friday June 05, 2020
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be delivered online via internet to participant desktops/laptops or classrooms. The lectures will be delivered by eminent faculty from MICA. Each topic will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples and general discussions. In order to provide greater industry insights, business leaders from the different industries, subject to availability, may be invited to share their experiences.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the Professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts.
1. Principles of Economics
a. Introduction to the economics
b. How market works
c. Markets and welfare
d. The economics of public sector
e. The economics of labour market
2. Marketing Management
a. Introduction to Marketing.
b. Marketing and society.
c. Marketing strategy and the marketing mix.
d. Segmenting, Targeting and Positioning: Customer driven marketing strategy.
3. Communication Fundamentals: Persuasion
a. Models of communication
b. Theories of communication
c. Interpersonal communication
d. Mass communication
4. Financial Management
a. Forms of Business Entity, Understanding Profit & Capital
b. Accounting Concepts & Financial Statements
c. Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account Related Concepts
d. Understanding and Analysis of Financial Statements
e. Time Value of Money
f. Capital Expenditure Fundamentals
g. Capital Budgeting Decisions
h. Working Capital Management
i. Analysis of an annual report
5. Managing People and Culture : Individual and Organisation
a. People Management Module.
b. Techno-social Processes in Organizations.
e. Personal Effectiveness
f. Interpersonal Conflict
6. Supply Chain Management
a. Introducing SCM
b. Supply Chain Planning & Design
c. Managing Inventory & TOC
d. Strategic Sourcing; Green & Ethical Supply Chain; Deliver & Return
e. Supply Chain Risk Management
7. Strategic Management
a. What is Strategy?
b. Strategic Management Process
c. External Analysis
d. Internal Analysis
e. Levels of Strategy
f. Business Strategy
8. HR and Negotiations
a. Markov Analysis in Human Resource Administration: Applications and Limitations.
b. Training & Performance Appraisal.
c. Compensation Management
d. HP Compaq case.
e. Thomas Green case.
9. Ethics in Business
a. Role of business and responsibility to society
b. Note on 5 traditional theories
c. Application of theories
d. Corporate Social Responsibility
10. Management Control System
a. Intro & Implications of MCS
b. Performance measurement
c. Balance Scorecard
11. Analytics and Business
a. Introduction to Data analytics, Types of data and data sources, Scales and Measurements
b. Presenting data in Business using graphs: Numeric Data and Non-Numeric Data
c. Association between variables: Correlation Analysis
d. Introduction to Regression analysis: Multiple Regression model in Business decision.
12. Business in Digital Era
a. Digital Disruptions in Marketing
b. Online Consumer Behaviour
c. Digital Experiences in the consumer journey
d. Business Models in the Digital Era
Campus Visit at MICA
Campus visit to cover advanced topics
Minimum batch size of 50 students. The batch size can be increased or decreased at the option of MICA.
Program Roll-out Schedule
The program will commence from June 04, 2020 subject to minimum enrollments of 50 students.
Course Benefits to Participants
• Opportunity to earn a PG Certificate from MICA
• Certificate of completion awarded by MICA, Ahmedabad
• 3 day On Campus module at MICA Ahmedabad during the course of the programme, where students can interact with faculties face to face and also experience the prestigious campus real time.
• Gain MICA Alumni status on the successful completion of the programme
• Designed with a mix of various practical assignments, case study, simulation and gamification which enlighten participant’s knowledge in the practical corporate scenario
• Convenient schedules for working professionals.
• Designed with a mix of various case studies, current industry examples etc. which enlighten participant’s knowledge in the practical corporate scenario.
• Lectures imparted by specially selected, eminent, core faculty from MICA. Guest lectures by Industry Experts.
• Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Virtual Learning.
• Books, Cases and Study Materials included in the Course.
• Lectures imparted by specially selected, eminent, core faculty from MICA. Guest lectures by Industry Experts.
• Quality interactions and increased peer group learning. Virtual classrooms that allow for active interactions with other fellow students and faculty
Technology Benefits of Ivory
• Fully virtual course with LIVE online, instructor led interactive lectures that provides a “real” classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning experience
• Seamless technology that can transmit lecture videos effectively at home broadband connection of 512 kbps.
• User friendly and easy to use technology interface. No expensive and time consuming software/hardware installations required at your end.
• In the event that students miss attending the LIVE lecture on the Virtual Classroom for some reason, students will be granted access to the recorded sessions for a specified number of days/times.
• Ivory’s Cloud Campus – Students on our virtual social learning platform are provided access to course presentations, projects, case studies, assignments and other reference materials as applicable for specified courses. Students can raise questions and doubts either real time during the live class or offline through the Cloud Campus.
• Learn from Anywhere – No need to travel to an institute or training center. Learning continues even if you are traveling or not available at any specific location. You may also learn from the comfort of your home.
Programme Fee (Indian Participants):
Rs.1,10,000/-; USD 2300
(Taxes will be additional)
Indian Participants: Rs. 30,000 + Taxes
International Participants: USD 630
By 05 June 2020
Rs. 15,000/- + Taxes /USD 310
By 20 October 2020
Rs. 35,000/- + Taxes /USD 730
By 20 January 2021
Rs. 30,000/- + Taxes/USD 630
Payment for all fees should be drawn in favour of ‘Ivory Education Pvt Ltd’ payable at New Delhi.
Dates of campus visit will be announced in January 2021.
Application Fee and Program Fee are paid in name of Ivory Education Private Limited.
Ivory Education will provide assistance to candidates for availing loans from financial institutions. These institutions may extend loans to the participants subject to their own conditions. Before applying for a loan, the candidates need to be selected in the program.
There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Students who successfully clear the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a PG Certificate from MICA.
The certification for the program is called “PG Certificate Programme in Business Management” given by MICA.
For more details, contact us on 8860438990 (Monday-Saturday, 10:00am to 6:30pm) or email email@example.com. Those outside India can call us on +91-8860438990. You can also WhatsApp us on +91-8860438990
Prospectus and Application
To download Prospectus and Application form, free of cost, fill in the form below:
You can now apply for this program online. Apply Now!
Indian candidates can pay by credit card, internet banking, debit cards, demand draft, account transfer by NEFT/RTGS/IMPS, PayTM and other payment methods. International students can pay by credit cards or SWIFT Transfer. You can send in your application online and pay later, but it will be processed after receipt of payments.