WORLD’S BEST MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad) is dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA, an autonomous, non-profit institution, offers a wide-range of high-end academic programmes.
MICA’s spirit lies in its grasping of contemporary trends and sensibilities, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. The MICA brand assures effective delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communication solutions to the industry, government, and community. It is the alma mater of professionals serving in leadership positions in some of the best known companies in India and the world in marketing, brand management, research & analytics, advertising, media, entertainment, digital and other related businesses. Industry rates MICA’s Media & Entertainment Management Programme as the best in the world!
1. Introduction to Media and Society
2. Media Ecosystem
3. Business and Economics of Media
4. Brands – how brands are communicating with consumers today
5. Media Mix – Strength of Each Media Platform
6. Business of Media – Print, Events, Radio, Television, Animation-Gaming-VFX, Films, OOH, Sports
7. Cost Functions – Media Platforms
8. Revenue Functions – Media Platforms
9. Distribution Functions – Media Platforms
10. Consumer behaviour and Insights
11. Communication Planning, Media planning and buying. Audience
12. Integrating Digital, POE Media, Programmatic buying, Importance
13. The importance of content. Paid content and consumer generated
14. Media Laws and Ethics
15. Sales Practices in M&E Industry
16. Business of Print – Indepth Understanding
17. Business of Radio – Indepth Understanding
18. Business of TV – Indepth Understanding
19. Business of Digital – Indepth Understanding
20. Business of Events – Indepth Understanding
21. Business of Films – Indepth Understanding
22. Business of Gaming – VFX – Animation – Indepth Understanding
23. Business of Sports – Indepth Understanding
24. Media Analytics
25. Future of Media. Media business challenges
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Media & Entertainment Industry?
The Industry with the oldest past and shortest history, ‘Media and Entertainment’ industry has been considered as one of the growth drivers of India. In last 25 years, the industry has seen multiple disruptions in the line of growth of TV industry to digital India but, has sustained a steady growth throughout. Particularly, during the last five years, the Industry has outperformed many and yet stands tall at 1473 billion INR (EY-FICCI, 2018) market.
India is a market where the traditional and transformational media platforms are schedule to coexist in a big way. While, digital has been growing at a stupendous pace, the platforms like television, films, print and radio have been registering sustainable growth.
Media & Entertainment Industry is no more the subsidiary industry in the economy but has taken the leading seat to become the leader in the Indian market and started contributing substantially to the economy. Considering the growth and scope of the industry, there is an utmost need for trained professionals to become the growth drivers to achieve newer heights. With the promise to contribute and partnering in the growth drive of the ‘Media and Entertainment’ industry MICA as one of the leading institute of the country considers ‘media and entertainment management’ as one of its core domain of studies. Along with all its regular courses, MICA is now proposing to offer a certificate online programme specifically designed for the media and entertainment industry professionals and enthusiasts looking for an in-depth knowledge and a career path in the sector.
When do the classes happen?
Two live classes per week for 1:30 hours each scheduled on Friday – 7:30-9:00am IST and Saturday – 7:30-9:00am IST from Friday June 26, 2021. Additionally, you can access the learning materials, recordings, and other content anytime.
What kind of jobs can I get?
Media and Entertainment Management qualification can open doors to a host of jobs in areas such as TV, Radio, Broadcasting, Digital, Film, Animation, Gaming, OOH, Events, Music, Mobile Apps, and other areas.
What are some of the Program Benefits?
• Opportunity to earn a PG Certificate from MICA
• Certificate of completion awarded by MICA, Ahmedabad
• 5 day On Campus module at MICA Ahmedabad during the course of the programme, where students can interact with faculties face to face and also experience the prestigious campus real time.
• Gain MICA Alumni status on the successful completion of the programme
• Insights into the modern and emerging trends in the Media and Entertainment Industry
• Gain deeper understanding of the nuances of the Business of Media with focus on specific in-demand areas like Entertainment Management.
• Convenient schedules for working professionals.
• Designed with a mix of various case studies, current industry examples etc. which enlighten participant’s knowledge in the practical corporate scenario.
• Lectures imparted by specially selected, eminent, core faculty from MICA. Guest lectures by Industry Experts.
• Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Virtual Learning.
• Quality interactions and increased peer group learning. Virtual classrooms that allow for active interactions with other fellow students and faculty
Technology Benefits of Ivory
• Fully virtual course with LIVE online, instructor led interactive lectures that provides a “real” classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning experience
• Seamless technology that can transmit lecture videos effectively at home broadband connection of 512 kbps.
• User friendly and easy to use technology interface. No expensive and time consuming software/hardware installations required at your end.
• In the event that students miss attending the LIVE lecture on the Virtual Classroom for some reason, students will be granted access to the recorded sessions for a specified number of days/times.
• Ivory’s Cloud Campus – Students on our virtual social learning platform are provided access to course presentations, projects, case studies, assignments and other reference materials as applicable for specified courses. Students can raise questions and doubts either real time during the live class or offline through the Cloud Campus.
• Learn from Anywhere – No need to travel to an institute or training center. Learning continues even if you are traveling or not available at any specific location. You may also learn from the comfort of your home.
What do I need to know about the evaluations?
- There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course.
- These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments.
- The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning.
- All exams and evaluations are done online
- These are designed for working professionals and are designed to impart practical skills
- In case some participant is unable to meet the evaluations, they get enough chances so that they can get the skills. No students are unilaterally failed.
Who is this program for?
Working professionals with roles in Marketing, Business Development, Branding, Advertising, Communications, Digital Marketing, Content Management, Public Relations, Media Planning, Customer Relations etc. who want to enhance their knowledge and/or aspire to take up careers in the media and entertainment industry should enroll for this programme.
The objectives of this programme are:
1. To equip the participants with workable knowledge of the latest developments in the media and entertainment space.
2. To keep participants abreast on how have consumers changed and continue to change as far as their buying behaviour is concerned, including their consumption of media and entertainment and how brands communication strategies are evolving.
This one-year course is set to equip participants to gain knowledge about aspects like M&E ecosystem, cost functions, revenue functions, distribution, sales practices, media planning – buying and emerging platforms. The participant can demonstrate these skills in multiple functions within M&E industry, based on their interest and domain knowledge. This course is useful for the mid-career M&E enthusiasts wanting to explore a career in M&E industry.
Due to lockdown, I don't have certificates or can I do something during lockdown?
You can enroll in this program now. We trust you! As long as you submit the requirements before the completion of the course in June 2022, we are good!
Yes, just enroll the program now and we will ensure that you can start with the requirements of the program even before the live sessions begin in June. We will give you access to on-demand modules, training and orientation.
Studying at MICA
Who will teach me?
The program is led by Programme Director – Prof. Santosh Kumar Patra. Santosh has 16 years of work experience in teaching, research and academic administration. He has held various positions at MICA, Ahmedabad, IMT-Ghaziabad and has been associated with different IIMs like Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIMI) and other Business Schools in the capacity of visiting faculties and also serving as member of different academic councils.
A student of Sociology at core, he attempts to understand and explore the dynamism involved in the domain of media and entertainment business, media and digital sociology and new media philosophy through research, teaching and other engagements.
He has done his masters in Sociology, M.Phil in Political Economy and Development Sociology and PhD in Digital Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. His teaching and research interest cuts across different subfields in media and entertainment management, social studies, which includes media sociology, digital sociology, self and cyberspace and theories political economy.
He has contributed in the areas media and entertainment business, digital sociology, media sociology, political economy of media, sociology of religion etc. and has published widely both in national and international journals. He constantly contributes opinion pieces for different national and regional newspapers and magazines. He is a political observer and most of his research, talks and writings reflect the political complexities and raise the concern of power and authority in the society. An amateur political analyst, he believes in inherent power as the key driver of societal order.
The programme is one of the core programmes of MICA. Ivory does not interfere or affect the course in any way. It ensures that the programme is of the highest possible quality.
The certification is given only by MICA.
Prof. Santosh Kumar Patra
Low Fees & Easy Payment Terms
Indian Participants Rs. 1,25,000,/- + GST
International Participants USD 2,500
Amount payable at the time of registration:
Indian Participants: Rs 30,000 + Taxes
International Participants: USD 600
1st Installment – Program Commencement Rs. 15,000/- + Taxes/USD 300
2nd Installment – Oct 15. 2021 Rs. 40,000/- + Taxes/USD 800
3rd Installment – Jan 15, 2022 Rs. 40,000/- + Taxes/USD 800
JOIN US & BECOME A MICAN!
✔ Advanced Certificate while Working or Studying
✔ Executive Alumni Status of MICA
✔ Build Career in Media & Entertainment Management
✔ Certification by MICA
✔ Hands on Experience with Industry Professionals
✔ No Cost EMI
✔ Very Low Programme Fee
✔ Placement with some of the Top Companies
✔ Ever-growing area with no impact of slowdown
✔ Industry recognized 11 month Certification
Phone & WhatsApp
New Delhi: 16 Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi 110 057
Gurgaon: A403 Hartron Technology Park, Plot no. 25A, Sector 18 Electronics City, Gurgaon 122 015
Mumbai: A608 Dattani Plaza, Andheri Kurla Road, Mumbai 400 072