India’s highest-rated Market Research & Data Analytics Programme
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad) is dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA, an autonomous, non-profit institution, offers a wide range of high-end academic programmes.
MICA’s spirit lies in its grasping of contemporary trends and sensibilities, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. The MICA brand assures effective delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communication solutions to the industry, government, and community. It is the alma mater of professionals serving in leadership positions in some of the best known companies in India and the world in marketing, brand management, research & analytics, advertising, media, entertainment, digital and other related businesses. Industry rates MICA’s as the best in the country.
It has been featured by Analytics Vidhya, Shiksha, Economic Times, Hindustan Times, Times of India, College Dunia, Jagran, and many others.
A. Course Content
1. Introduction to market research & Business analytics
• Introduction to Market research
• Role of market research & data analytics in industry
• Data-Driven Decision making
2A. Descriptive Analytics
• Introduction to Descriptive analytics
• Data collection – Structured and Unstructured
• Data measurement Scales
• Designing Questionnaire
• Data summarization: tabulation, cross-tabulation, frequency distribution
• Descriptive Statistics
• Data Visualization
B. Introduction to Probability and Probability Distributions
• Introduction to Probability theory
• Discrete Probability Distribution
• Continuous Probability Distributions
C. Introduction to Basic Inference
• Sampling and Sampling Distributions
• Hypothesis Testing
• Chi-Square Test
D. Introduction to Advanced Inference
• Analysis of Variance
• Correlation analysis
• Simple Linear Regression
3. Spreadsheet Modelling
• Basics of spreadsheet modelling
• Spreadsheet Modelling in Sales & Marketing
• Spreadsheet Modelling in Operations Management
• Spreadsheet Modelling in Financial Decision
• Spreadsheet Modelling in HR Reporting
4. Introduction to Multivariate Data analytics
• Factor analysis
• Discriminant analysis
• Conjoint analysis
• Correspondence analysis
• Multidimensional Scaling
5. Time Series Models in Business
• Introduction to Forecasting
• Forecasting Techniques and Forecasting Accuracy
• Pattern Recognition
• Exponential Smoothing
6. Machine Learning Techniques: Supervised and Unsupervised Learning Techniques
• Multiple Linear Regression
• Logistics Regression
• Regression model with Dummy variables
• Decision Trees
• Neural Network
7. Introduction to Prescriptive Analytics
• Linear Programming for decision making
• Multi-Criteria Decision Making Problems
8. Emerging trends in Market Research
• Recent developments and application areas in Marketing Research.
B. Statistical Packages and Teaching Pedagogy
• Content will be taught through statistical packages; EXCEL, SPSS, PSPP, R, and SOLVER etc
• Data sets will be used for classroom discussion
• Spreadsheet Modelling
• Case studies will be discussed for some of the topics.
• Participants will be given assignments for hands-on learning of packages
Participants are expected to develop their own project/ group project, collect data, use statistical analysis, interpret the output and prepare a project report.
D. Campus component
There will be one campus visit to MICA. The duration of the visit will be of 3 days. The campus visit will be compulsory.
Why Market Research & Data Analytics?
Companies that incorporate data into their operations show productivity rates much higher than those of their peers. According to IDC, the worldwide Big Data and Analytics market has surpassed USD 200 billion in 2020, despite the pandemic. It is set to continuously grow in the next decade and more.
The use of Big Data in Market Research is the art and science of combining behavioral data, consumer data, attitudinal data, and advanced analytics to produce faster and better insights that lead to sound decisions that yield superior business results.
This data analytics program focuses on building a strong foundation in market research & data analytics for entry-level to mid-level professionals. It will also cover the application of data analytical tools to assist strategic decision-making.
The program aims at providing a comprehensive understanding and hands-on experience of the application of appropriate data analytic tools that are imperative in making effective decisions by focusing on practical and conceptual approaches addressed through the sophisti- cated data analytic software.
The MRDA program, from MICA, will provide the participants with an overview to develop strategies based on the findings from the data, to manage the organization. It will create a working knowledge of the research industry,
the role of analytics and its relationship to strategy-building.
Designed in close consultation with the industry, this program provides the right base for the entry-level and experienced professionals for working in analytical teams, in large corporations and outsourcing companies.
When do the classes happen?
Two live classes per week for 1:30 hours each scheduled on Saturdays & Sundays from 9:30 am-11:00 am IST from August 21, 2021. Additionally, you can access the learning materials, recordings, and other content anytime.
What kind of jobs can I get?
MRDA can open doors to a host of jobs in areas such as Marketing Research Manager, Market Research Analyst, Research Analyst, Knowledge Analyst, Big Data Architect, Data Engineer, and others. One attraction of this field is that if you move from other sectors then you are able to leverage upon your experience. You can also get good jobs even if you are an entry-level professional or a fresher.
What are some of the Program Benefits?
• Opportunity to earn a PG Certificate from MICA
• Certificate of completion awarded by MICA, Ahmedabad
• 5 day On Campus module at MICA Ahmedabad during the course of the programme, where students can interact with faculties face to face and also experience the prestigious campus real time.
• Gain MICA Alumni status on the successful completion of the programme
• Insights into the modern and emerging trends in the Media and Entertainment Industry
• Gain deeper understanding of the nuances of the Business of Media with focus on specific in-demand areas like Entertainment Management.
• Convenient schedules for working professionals.
• Designed with a mix of various case studies, current industry examples etc. which enlighten participant’s knowledge in the practical corporate scenario.
• Lectures imparted by specially selected, eminent, core faculty from MICA. Guest lectures by Industry Experts.
• Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Virtual Learning.
• Quality interactions and increased peer group learning. Virtual classrooms that allow for active interactions with other fellow students and faculty
Technology Benefits of Ivory
• Fully virtual course with LIVE online, instructor led interactive lectures that provides a “real” classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning experience
• Seamless technology that can transmit lecture videos effectively at home broadband connection of 512 kbps.
• User friendly and easy to use technology interface. No expensive and time consuming software/hardware installations required at your end.
• In the event that students miss attending the LIVE lecture on the Virtual Classroom for some reason, students will be granted access to the recorded sessions for a specified number of days/times.
• Ivory’s Cloud Campus – Students on our virtual social learning platform are provided access to course presentations, projects, case studies, assignments and other reference materials as applicable for specified courses. Students can raise questions and doubts either real time during the live class or offline through the Cloud Campus.
• Learn from Anywhere – No need to travel to an institute or training center. Learning continues even if you are traveling or not available at any specific location. You may also learn from the comfort of your home.
What do I need to know about the evaluations?
- There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course.
- These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments.
- The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning.
- All exams and evaluations are done online
- These are designed for working professionals and are designed to impart practical skills
- In case some participant is unable to meet the evaluations, they get enough chances so that they can get the skills. No students are unilaterally failed.
Who is this program for?
Working professionals and freshers with any background who want to enhance their knowledge and/or aspire to take up careers in Market Research & Data Analytics should enroll in this programme.
MICA has designed the Advanced Certificate for professionals and enthusiasts looking for in-depth knowledge and a solid career path in the sector.
The objectives of this program are:
1. To equip the participants with a workable knowledge of Market Research & Data Analytics.
2. To keep participants abreast on how market research and data analytics has changed and will continue to change in the future.
3. To familiarize yourself with areas like Machine Learning Techniques and Predictive Analytics
4. To create a working knowledge of popular software such as SPSS, R & others
5. To give an avenue for mid-career analytics enthusiasts wanting to explore a career in the analytics industry.
This 11-month course is set to equip participants to gain knowledge about all major aspects of Market Research and Data Analytics.
Due to lockdown, I don't have certificates or can I do something during lockdown?
You can enroll in this program now. We trust you! As long as you submit the requirements before January 31, 2022, we are good!
Yes, just enroll in the program now and we will ensure that you can start with the requirements of the program even before the live sessions begin. We will give you access to on-demand modules, training, and orientation.
Studying at MICA
Who will teach me?
The program is led by Programme Director – Dr.Sunita Mall. Dr. Sunita Mall holds her Bachelor’s degree in Statistics from Ravenshaw (Autonomous) College, Odisha, holds her master’s degree and M.Phil from Utkal University Odisha. She did her Ph.D. in Statistics from Utkal University. She has done Executive Programme in Business Analytics from IIM Calcutta. She holds a degree in MBA (Distance) from Sikkim Manipal University.
Dr. Sunita Mall specializes in the area of Quantitative techniques and Data Analytics. Her teaching includes Quantitative techniques, Advanced Decision making using Optimization techniques, Data analytics, and Research Methodology. She runs an online program on Marketing Research and Data Analytics and teaches quantitative courses across MBA, FPM, and Online programs.
She is a life member of the Indian Society for Probability, statistics, and Operations Research Society of India. She is serving as an editorial board member (for Research India Publication) for the journal titled ‘International Journal of Statistics and Analysis’ (IJSA) (ISSN 2248 – 9959.)
She has presented her research work in many national and international conferences like Conference on Global Economic Analysis organized by GTAP – Center for Global Trade Analysis of Purdue University, 3rd International Conference on Computer Technology and Development (ICCTD 2011), Chengdu, China. She has been a consultant to some of the leading Insurance companies and Banks. Her consultancy is in the area of fraud analytics, Credit scoring, and Detection of anomalies in Health Insurance.
Her research interest broadly includes the application of analytics in Business. In specific her research is on analytics in the financial market, analytics in Marketing, Commodities market models. Her current research publications are broadly on business problems in the Insurance and Banking sector: fraud analytics, credit scoring, cross-selling, insurance penetrations, Stock market volatility, etc. She has published an edited book on Business Statistics for DDCE, Utkal University.
The programme is one of the core programmes of MICA. Ivory does not interfere or affect the course in any way. It ensures that the programme is of the highest possible quality.
The certification is given by MICA.
Dr. Sunita Mall
Low Fees & Easy Payment Terms
Indian Participants Rs. 1,00,000/- + GST
International Participants USD 2,200
Amount payable at the time of registration:
Indian Participants: Rs 30,000 + Taxes
International Participants: USD 700
1st Installment – September 15, 2021 Rs. 20,000/- + Taxes/USD 400
2nd Installment – December 10. 2021 Rs. 25,000/- + Taxes/USD 550
3rd Installment – March 10, 2022 Rs. 25,000/- + Taxes/USD 550
JOIN US & BECOME A MICAN!
✔ Advanced Certificate while Working or Studying
✔ Executive Alumni Status of MICA
✔ Build Career in Media & Entertainment Management
✔ Certification by MICA
✔ Hands on Experience with Industry Professionals
✔ No Cost EMI
✔ Very Low Programme Fee
✔ Placement with some of the Top Companies
✔ Ever-growing area with no impact of slowdown
✔ Industry recognized 11 month Certification
Phone & WhatsApp
New Delhi: 16 Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi 110 057
Gurgaon: A403 Hartron Technology Park, Plot no. 25A, Sector 18 Electronics City, Gurgaon 122 015
Mumbai: A608 Dattani Plaza, Andheri Kurla Road, Mumbai 400 072