PG Certificate Programme in Media and Entertainment Management
You can now apply for this program online. Apply Now!.
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad), is the only residential institute in the country, and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region, dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA, an autonomous, non-profit institution, offers a wide-range of academic programmes including four residential programmes: Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C).
MICA’s spirit lies in its grasping of contemporary trends and sensibilities, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment. The MICA brand assures effective delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communication solutions to the industry, government, and community.
Today, it is the alma mater of professionals serving in leadership positions in some of the best known companies in India and the world in marketing, brand management, research & analytics, advertising, media, digital and other related businesses.
It rates amongst the top management institutes in the country in the area of media and entertainment.
The Industry with the oldest past and shortest history, ‘Media and Entertainment’ industry has been considered as one of the growth drivers of India. In last 25 years, the industry has seen multiple disruptions in the line of growth of TV industry to digital India but, has sustained a steady growth throughout. Particularly, during the last five years, the Industry has outperformed many and yet stands tall at 1473 billion INR (EY-FICCI, 2018) market.
India is a market where the traditional and transformational media platforms are schedule to coexist in a big way. While, digital has been growing at a stupendous pace, the platforms like television, films, print and radio have been registering sustainable growth.
Media & Entertainment Industry is no more the subsidiary industry in the economy but has taken the leading seat to become the leader in the Indian market and started contributing substantially to the economy. Considering the growth and scope of the industry, there is an utmost need for trained professionals to become the growth drivers to achieve newer heights. With the promise to contribute and partnering in the growth drive of the ‘Media and Entertainment’ industry MICA as one of the leading institute of the country considers ‘media and entertainment management’ as one of its core domain of studies. Along with all its regular courses, MICA is now proposing to offer a certificate online programme specifically designed for the media and entertainment industry professionals and enthusiasts looking for an in-depth knowledge and a career path in the sector. The objectives of this programme are:
1. To equip the participants with workable knowledge of the latest developments in the media and entertainment space.
2. To keep participants abreast on how have consumers changed and continue to change as far as their buying behaviour is concerned, including their consumption of media and entertainment and how brands communication strategies are evolving.
This one-year course is set to equip participants to gain knowledge about aspects like M&E ecosystem, cost functions, revenue functions, distribution, sales practices, media planning – buying and emerging platforms. The participant can demonstrate these skills in multiple functions within M&E industry, based on their interest and domain knowledge. This course is useful for the mid-career M&E enthusiasts wanting to explore a career in M&E industry.
Working professionals with roles in Marketing, Business Development, Branding, Advertising, Communications, Digital Marketing, Content Management, Public Relations, Media Planning, Customer Relations etc. who want to enhance their knowledge and/or aspire to take up careers in the media and entertainment industry should enroll for this programme.
Dr. Darshan Ashwin Trivedi Adjunct Faculty – Media and Entertainment Management Area
Prof. Trivedi has been Media & Entertainment Industry professional for about 18 years. He has worked with start ups, up scaling and restructuring of media ventures. He has rich experience of working on content as a senior resource person with various media platforms. He has worked with Reliance Broadcast Network Limited, Zoom Entertainment Networks Limited, Sony Entertainment Television, Radio Mirchi, Zee Interactive Learning Systems, The Moving Pixels Company and Triologic Digital Media Limited as a senior resource. Prof. Trivedi has directed documentary films and short films. He has also created television and radio content for reputed platforms of India.
Two classes per week for 1:30 hours each scheduled on Friday – 7:30-9:00am IST and Saturday – 7:30-9:00am IST from Friday June 05, 2020
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be delivered online via internet to participant desktops/laptops or classrooms. The lectures will be delivered by eminent faculty from MICA. Each topic will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples and general discussions. In order to provide greater industry insights, business leaders from the different industries, subject to availability, may be invited to share their experiences.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the Professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts.
1. Introduction to Media and Society
2. Media Ecosystem
3. Business and Economics of Media
4. Brands – how brands are communicating with consumers today
5. Media Mix – Strength of Each Media Platform
6. Business of Media – Print, Events, Radio, Television, Animation-Gaming-VFX, Films, OOH, Sports
7. Cost Functions – Media Platforms
8. Revenue Functions – Media Platforms
9. Distribution Functions – Media Platforms
10. Consumer behaviour and Insights
11. Communication Planning, Media planning and buying. Audience
12. Integrating Digital, POE Media, Programmatic buying, Importance
13. The importance of content. Paid content and consumer generated
14. Media Laws and Ethics
15. Sales Practices in M&E Industry
16. Business of Print – Indepth Understanding
17. Business of Radio – Indepth Understanding
18. Business of TV – Indepth Understanding
19. Business of Digital – Indepth Understanding
20. Business of Events – Indepth Understanding
21. Business of Films – Indepth Understanding
22. Business of Gaming – VFX – Animation – Indepth Understanding
23. Business of Sports – Indepth Understanding
24. Media Analytics
25. Future of Media. Media business challenges
Campus Visit at MICA
Campus visit to cover advanced topics
Minimum batch size of 50 students. The batch size can be increased or decreased at the option of MICA.
Program Roll-out Schedule
The program will commence from June 04, 2020 subject to minimum enrollments of 50 students.
Course Benefits to Participants
• Opportunity to earn a PG Certificate from MICA
• Certificate of completion awarded by MICA, Ahmedabad
• 5 day On Campus module at MICA Ahmedabad during the course of the programme, where students can interact with faculties face to face and also experience the prestigious campus real time.
• Gain MICA Alumni status on the successful completion of the programme
• Insights into the modern and emerging trends in the Media and Entertainment Industry
• Gain deeper understanding of the nuances of the Business of Media with focus on specific in-demand areas like Entertainment Management.
• Convenient schedules for working professionals.
• Designed with a mix of various case studies, current industry examples etc. which enlighten participant’s knowledge in the practical corporate scenario.
• Lectures imparted by specially selected, eminent, core faculty from MICA. Guest lectures by Industry Experts.
• Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Virtual Learning.
• Quality interactions and increased peer group learning. Virtual classrooms that allow for active interactions with other fellow students and faculty
Technology Benefits of Ivory
• Fully virtual course with LIVE online, instructor led interactive lectures that provides a “real” classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning experience
• Seamless technology that can transmit lecture videos effectively at home broadband connection of 512 kbps.
• User friendly and easy to use technology interface. No expensive and time consuming software/hardware installations required at your end.
• In the event that students miss attending the LIVE lecture on the Virtual Classroom for some reason, students will be granted access to the recorded sessions for a specified number of days/times.
• Ivory’s Cloud Campus – Students on our virtual social learning platform are provided access to course presentations, projects, case studies, assignments and other reference materials as applicable for specified courses. Students can raise questions and doubts either real time during the live class or offline through the Cloud Campus.
• Learn from Anywhere – No need to travel to an institute or training center. Learning continues even if you are traveling or not available at any specific location. You may also learn from the comfort of your home.
Programme Fee (Indian Participants):
Rs.1,25,000/-; USD 2500
(Taxes will be additional)
Indian Participants: Rs. 30,000 + Taxes
International Participants: USD 600
By 31 May 2020
Rs. 15,000/- + Taxes /USD 300
By 15 October 2020
Rs. 40,000/- + Taxes /USD 800
By 15 January 2021
Rs. 40,000/- + Taxes/USD 800
Payment for all fees should be drawn in favour of ‘Ivory Education Pvt Ltd’ payable at New Delhi.
Dates of campus visit will be announced in January 2021.
Application Fee and Program Fee are paid in name of Ivory Education Private Limited.
Ivory Education will provide assistance to candidates for availing loans from financial institutions. These institutions may extend loans to the participants subject to their own conditions. Before applying for a loan, the candidates need to be selected in the program.
There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Students who successfully clear the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a PG Certificate from MICA.
The certification for the program is called “PG Certificate Programme in Media and Entertainment Management” given by MICA.
For more details, contact us on 8860438990 (Monday-Saturday, 10:00am to 6:30pm) or email email@example.com. Those outside India can call us on +91-8860438990. You can also WhatsApp us on +91-8860438990
Prospectus and Application
To download Prospectus and Application form, free of cost, fill in the form below:
You can now apply for this program online. Apply Now!
Indian candidates can pay by credit card, internet banking, debit cards, demand draft, account transfer by NEFT/RTGS/IMPS, PayTM and other payment methods. International students can pay by credit cards or SWIFT Transfer. You can send in your application online and pay later, but it will be processed after receipt of payments.